Handling RAIB recommendations
Our role in handling recommendations from the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB).
We have a policy for considering and following up RAIB's recommendations. PDF, 34 Kb
- We ensure that recommendations are duly considered and where appropriate acted upon.
- We assess the action taken by those to whom we have directed the recommendations to against clear criteria, using both technical and other experts, to decide our view on the responses and decide what further action we may need to take.
- We report to RAIB in accordance with the regulations and the Memorandum of Understanding between us. We have a separate PDF, 334 KbMemorandum of Understanding for Scotland . We report back to RAIB details of any implementation measures, or the reasons why no implementation measures are being taken. PDF, 64 Kb
In assessing the status of recommendations we make reference to a status definition list which has been agreed with RAIB. To assist those asked to consider RAIB recommendations we have also produced a PDF, 40 Kbglossary of commonly used terms within RAIB recommendations, along with our interpretation of what actions an organisation needs to deliver in order demonstrate that the requirements of a recommendation have been satisfied. PDF, 248 Kb
In this section
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2019
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2018
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2017
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2016
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2015
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2014
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2013
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2012
- ORR responses to RAIB reports 2011
You can access ORR responses to RAIB reports 2010 and before on the National Archives website.