Code of practice on retail information
Towards a code of practice on retail information – developing the code
Date published: 26 September 2014
Closing date: 17:00 on 21 November 2014
Consultation on the development of a code of practice on the provision of railway ticket information.
Following the Department for Transport's (DfT) 'Rail fares and ticketing: next steps' report in 2013, ORR agreed to oversee the development of a code of practice on the provision of ticket information.
The purpose of the code is to promote best practice in meeting consumer law and industry standards and help ensure that ticket retailers give passengers a clear understanding of what level of service they can expect, whether from a ticket office, online, a ticket machine, or other self-service channels.
We are working with ticket retailers, both TOCs and third party retailers, and passenger representative groups such as Passenger Focus, to develop and agree the content of the code.
This consultation document outlines the relevant regulatory framework, the information that passengers need, and some principals as to how this information should be provided to passengers. We seek views on the content and presentation of the Code from all stakeholders, including TOCs, industry and consumer representatives, and third party retailers.
Consultation document and responses
- Towards a code of practice on retail information PDF, 1,236 Kb
26 September 2014
- Abellio Greater Anglia PDF, 104 Kb
- Arriva UK Trains PDF, 90 Kb
- ATOC PDF, 197 Kb
- c2c PDF, 280 Kb
- East Coast PDF, 284 Kb
- Govia PDF, 57 Kb
- Iosis Associates PDF, 109 Kb
- Keolis PDF, 1,784 Kb
- London TravelWatch PDF, 26 Kb
- Marlow-Maidenhead Passengers' Association PDF, 89 Kb
- Network Rail PDF, 190 Kb
- Passenger Focus PDF, 146 Kb
- TfL PDF, 55 Kb
- Transport Scotland PDF, 682 Kb
- TravelWatch NorthWest PDF, 45 Kb
Our stakeholder workshop for the development of a code of practice on retail information took place on 20 October 2014. The note and presentation slides below summarise the main points of discussion.
- A code of practice on retail information for rail tickets and services
25 March 2015
- Code of practice on retail information – what information is relevant – a report by London Economics PDF, 1,531 Kb
- Retail information code of practice - update and next steps PDF, 173 Kb
17 September 2015
- Compliance monitoring and retail information - letter from ORR to all TOCs PDF, 236 Kb
8 May 2015