The Railways and other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
Start date: 29 March 2010
End date: 7 June 2010
We consulted on proposals for Regulations implementing Directive 2008/110/EC and Directive 2009/149/EC in Great Britain, both of which amend Directive 2004/49/EC (the Railway Safety Directive).
Directive 2008/110/EC establishes a system for maintenance arrangements across the European Union.
Summary of key outcomes
- Consultation on the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 – summary of key outcomes PDF, 53 Kb
The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (S.I. 2011/1860) will come into force on 26 August 2011.
A copy of the statutory instrument can be found on the UK Legislation website.
A further statutory instrument will be needed to implement the remaining provisions of directive 2008/110/EC, relating to a certification scheme for entities in charge of maintenance of freight wagons.
The European Commission has adopted Regulation 445/2011 on a system of certification of freight wagons, which came into force on 31 May 2011.
We will consult on proposed implementation of the directive for GB later in the year.
- Angel Trains Ltd PDF, 38 Kb
- Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC) PDF, 52 Kb
- British Transport Police PDF, 37 Kb
- Confederation of Passenger Transport UK PDF, 58 Kb
- East Coast Main Line Company PDF, 37 Kb
- East Lancashire Railway PDF, 104 Kb
- Edinburgh Trams PDF, 104 Kb
- First Group plc PDF, 95 Kb
- Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive (GMPTE) PDF, 36 Kb
- Halcrow Group Ltd PDF, 87 Kb
- Heritage Railway Association PDF, 30 Kb
- High Speed 1 Ltd PDF, 29 Kb
- London Midland PDF, 105 Kb
- London Tramlink PDF, 182 Kb
- London TravelWatch and Passenger Focus PDF, 31 Kb
- London Underground PDF, 28 Kb
- Merseytravel PDF, 71 Kb
- Network Rail PDF, 21 Kb
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway PDF, 950 Kb
- Porterbrook Leasing Company Ltd PDF, 90 Kb
- Private Wagon Federation PDF, 33 Kb
- Private Wagon Registration Agreement - Network Rail PDF, 39 Kb
- Riviera Trains Ltd PDF, 28 Kb
- Rail Industry Association PDF, 77 Kb
- Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) PDF, 2,353 Kb
- Scientifics Ltd PDF, 28 Kb
- Transport Scotland PDF, 38 Kb