New General Approval for freight track access contracts
Date published: 30 September 2016
Closing date: 11 November 2016, 5pm
The purpose of this consultation was to seek views on a proposed new General Approval for freight track access contracts, to replace the Freight Access (Track Access Contracts) General Approval 2012.
The new General Approval reflects changes in industry processes and the model freight track access contracts, and modifications to make the General Approval shorter and easier to use. A copy of the Freight (Track Access Contracts) General Approval 2012 is included in the documents below to compare the changes.
We invited views on the new General Approval. Although we welcomed any comments that you had, we asked you to consider these specific questions in particular:
- Q1. Is the proposed range of the arrival and departure windows that can be generally approved useful? Should this range be broader or narrower, and if so, why?
- Q2. Should the provision for amending access rights to match the Working Timetable be expanded, subject to successful industry consultation?
- Q3. Do you have any comments on the above proposed changes to the General Approval, or any amendments we have not included that you think we should consider?
- Q4. Is there any value in having a revised General Approval, and what impact will a revised General Approval have on your business, positively and/or negatively?
Conclusions and new General Approval
- Conclusions letter PDF, 179 Kb
- New General Approval for freight track access contracts PDF, 119 Kb
Proposed General Approval
- Cover letter PDF, 169 Kb
- Proposed General Approval for freight track access contracts PDF, 156 Kb
- Freight (Track Access Contracts) General Approval 2012 PDF, 239 Kb