Guidance on The Railways (Access, Management and Licensing of Railway Undertakings) Regulations 2016
This consultation is now closed.
Our conclusion to the consultation and the final guidance document were published on Wednesday 21 December 2016. Consultation responses were received from four stakeholders, and we have responded to all points raised. These include:
- The inclusion of flow-charts for ease of use
- The extension of time-limits to 10 working days
- Various points on the scope of application
The final guidance summarises the provisions of the 2016 Access and Management Regulations, and explains the rights and responsibilities of service providers and railway undertakings with regards to access and charging. It also sets out ORR’s interpretation of key provisions, and the process for submission and consideration of appeals.
Date published: 26 July 2016
Closing date: 13 October 2016
This was a consultation on proposed new guidance that replaces the Appeals to ORR under the Railways Infrastructure (Access and Management) Regulations 2005 guidance published in 2006.
The purpose of this new guidance is to help you understand:
- The meaning and implications of the provisions of the 2016 Regulations.
- The obligations of infrastructure managers and service providers.
- ORR’s role as an appeal body, and power to make directions.
- Where to find further guidance on specific issues.
We invited views on all five guidance modules (overview, access, charges, infrastructure and appeals), and the new form and we have published them all as one document for ease of reference.
- Cover letter PDF, 219 Kb
- Guidance on The Railways (Access, Management and Licensing of Railway Undertakings) Regulations 2016 PDF, 1,005 Kb