Competition complaints investigated
Details of our completed casework regarding competition law.
On 17 November 2006 we informed EWS Ltd of our decision that it had infringed the Chapter II Prohibition of the Competition Act 1998. This decision was based on our findings that EWS concluded contracts whose terms had the effect of excluding competitors from the market for coal haulage by rail and that it had also pursued discriminatory and predatory pricing practices in the same market.
- English Welsh and Scottish Railway Limited PDF, 1,378 Kb
These are decisions where, following an investigation under our Competition Act powers, we have decided that the conduct complained about does not infringe the Competition Act 1998.
- DB Schenker Rail (UK) Ltd
18 August 2010
- Investigation into Real Time Train Information
1 December 2009
- NTM Sales and Marketing Ltd against Portec Rail Products (UK) Ltd
- Safety Critical Personnel on the London Underground Network %asset_summary_5706
23 June 2004
- Federation of Welders against Network Rail PDF, 131 Kb
3 June 2004
- English Welsh and Scottish Railway PDF, 64 Kb
3 December 2003
- Virgin fares
These are complaints considered under the Competition Act but where an infringement or non-infringement decision has not been reached.