Final determination of Network Rail's outputs and funding for 2014-19
Our final determination sets out our overall package of decisions for the periodic review 2013 (PR13). It follows our consideration of stakeholder responses to our draft determination, published for consultation in June 2013. Following our final determination, we will begin the process of implementing our determination for the start of control period 5 (CP5) on 1 April 2014.
PR13 is the process through which we determine the outputs that Network Rail must deliver, the efficient cost of delivering those outputs, and the access charges the company can levy on train operators for using its network to recover those costs. It covers the period from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2019, which is called control period 5 (CP5). PR13 also establishes the wider 'regulatory framework' including the incentives that will act on Network Rail, train operators and others in the industry to deliver and outperform our determination.
Download the full Final determination PDF, 12,713 Kb
Or you can download by section:
- Summary PDF, 540 Kb
- Introduction and background (chapters 1-2) PDF, 428 Kb
- Outputs, efficient expenditure, deliverability and health & safety (chapters 3-11) PDF, 3,983 Kb
- Financial framework and revenue requirement (chapters 12-14) PDF, 1,287 Kb
- Incentives framework, access charges and other income (chapters 15-20) PDF, 2,718 Kb
- Affordability, implementation, monitoring and impacts (chapters 21-24) PDF, 797 Kb
- Annexes A to K PDF, 1,448 Kb
- Abbreviations and acronyms PDF, 254 Kb