Government policy on public expenditure transparency
The Government has set out the need for greater transparency in public expenditure.
As part of the transparency agenda, the Government has made the following commitments with regard to procurement and contracting:
- All new tender documents for ‘open’ tenders over £10,000 will be published on Contracts Finder
- For contracts awarded with values over £10,000 we will publish on Contracts Finder the following information:
- the name of the contractor awarded the contract;
- the date on which the contract was entered into;
- the value of the contract;
- whether the contractor was a SME or a VCSE (a non-governmental organisation that is value-driven and which principally reinvests its surpluses to further social, environmental or cultural objectives) .
- New items of central government spending over £25,000 to be published online.
Suppliers and those organisations looking to bid for contracts should be aware that if they are awarded a new contract, the resulting contract between the supplier and the ORR will be published.
In some circumstances, our contract documentation will not be published or certain information will be redacted before publication in order to comply with existing laws or if publication would be contrary to public interest.