This page enables users to access:
- our proposals about changes to statistics;
- changes in methodology prior to publication;
- papers of work we are working closely on with the industry; and
- our consultations with the rail industry.
We actively seek feedback from users of the statistics and will highlight where there is opportunity to take part. We will highlight documents where we are looking for feedback from the users of the statistics.
Read our Statement on user engagement
This section provides details on our proposed changes to our statistical publications. It outlines our proposals and asks for feedback from users of the statistics. The feedback received will inform our decisions about any potential changes and may influence our decisions.
There are currently no proposed changes.
Improving rail data
A number of reviews have been commissioned by us to ensure that its data are robust and align with stakeholder requirements. Links to the reports can be found below:
- Survey on Statistical releases and Quality reports – feedback from users and implementation process May 2015 PDF, 201 Kb
- Office of National Statistics review of rail fares index - a methodological review of the rail fares index and recommendations on improving the dataset. August 2014 PDF, 431 Kb
- The NRT Portal newsletters are available on the ORR Data Portal.
- NRT Data Portal user group meeting note - Tuesday 5 March 2013 . PDF, 88 Kb
- National rail trends portal survey, September 2011 1 - a summary of the results and key findings from the portal survey. It also includes how we are addressing the key findings from the survey. PDF, 108 Kb
- ORR survey form for NRT data portal – a copy of the online survey from sent to registered users of the NRT data portal to assess the quality, timeliness and format of the portal. May 2011 PDF, 398 Kb
Rail statistics management group
The Rail statistics management group (RSMG) is composed of the main industry participants where we discuss possible improvements to rail statistics and research in the rail industry.
We welcome feedback. Please send an email to email@example.com with any comments or suggestions.Last updated - 2 June 2015