This page sets out the agenda and the presentation slides of the periodic review 2013 (PR13) incentives workshop which took place on Monday 9 January 2012.
The overall purpose of the day was to recap on the key proposals set out in our consultation on incentives, published on 14 December 2011, and to provide an opportunity to discuss the proposals and issues raised.
We also discussed the disaggregation of Network Rail's price control/regulatory framework and financial information by route – an important issue for PR13 – having a bearing on how incentives are established and have effect.
The incentives consultation covered the following topics:
- PR13 objectives and outcomes;
- Network Rail's financial incentives;
- Aligning incentives on efficiency, including efficiency sharing between operators and Network Rail;
- Capacity utilisation incentives;
- Schedules 4 and 8, possessions and performance regimes; and
- Other aspects of the incentives framework, including incentivising innovation.