HS1 periodic review 2014 (PR14)
The 2014 periodic review (PR14) of High Speed 1 (HS1) was the first periodic review for HS1 Limited and covers the period from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2020, control period 2 (CP2).
Under regulation 13 of the Railways Infrastructure (Access and Management) Regulations 2005, we have to ensure that HS1 Limited is provided with incentives to reduce the cost of allowing access to its infrastructure and level of access charges. We perform this function through periodic reviews in the manner set out in the concession agreement.
Please see our final approval document dated 9 May 2014.
On 21 July 2014 we published a notice implementing the contractual changes to the review provisions for passenger operators, and a notice implementing the contractual changes to the review provisions for freight operators:
- Freight operators notice PDF, 162 Kb
- Freight annexes PDF, 663 Kb
- Passenger operators notice PDF, 172 Kb
- Passenger annexes PDF, 796 Kb
Timeline and key events for PR14 so far
- We published our approach and timetable beyond the submission of HS1's Five Year Asset Management Statement (5YAMS) on 16 December 2013. PDF, 306 Kb
- HS1 consulted on its 5YAMS on 18 October 2013.
- We published our approach document on 27 June 2013. PDF, 494 Kb
- We held a minuted workshop to discuss the consultation on 13 March 2013. PDF, 65 Kb
- We launched our PR14 initial consultation on 19 February 2013.