ORR's regulation of land disposals by Network Rail
Date published: 3 December 2012
Start date: 3 December 2012
Closing date: 18 January 2013
We have asked for views on how the arrangements for regulating with Network Rail's land disposals have worked in practice over the last two years and to propose some further improvements.
We last revised our arrangements in October 2010, at the same time as the rail value for money study was in progress. PDF, 5,773 Kb
The study recommended that we review Network Rail's land disposal obligations to see if they could be streamlined or improved.
Since the revision, we have reduced our casework turnaround times from about ten weeks to about four weeks on average.
We have also considered how to make further improvements.
We have proposed to change our general consent to remove the need for some of Network Rail's transactions to be referred to us and have taken into account any comments before updating and publishing our land disposal guidance on 18 December 2013. PDF, 303 Kb
- Arriva Trains Wales PDF, 93 Kb
- Association of Community Rail Partnerships PDF, 158 Kb
- c2c PDF, 241 Kb
- DB Schenker PDF, 417 Kb
- Department for Transport PDF, 87 Kb
- Direct Rail Services PDF, 39 Kb
- First Group PDF, 128 Kb
- Freightliner PDF, 331 Kb
- Merseyrail PDF, 84 Kb
- Metro PDF, 87 Kb
- Network Rail PDF, 112 Kb
- Passenger Focus PDF, 168 Kb
- Rail Freight Group (RFG) PDF, 81 Kb
- Scottish Council for Development & Industry (SCDI) PDF, 98 Kb
- SEWTA PDF, 74 Kb
- South West Wales Integrated Transport Consortium (SWWITCH) PDF, 511 Kb
- South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive PDF, 375 Kb
- Transport for Greater Manchester PDF, 132 Kb
- Transport for London (TfL) PDF, 651 Kb
- Transport Scotland PDF, 180 Kb
- WH Malcolm Ltd PDF, 84 Kb