Draft guidance on complaints handling procedures for licence holders
Date published: 6 May 2015
Closing date: 29 July 2015
Train and station licence holders are required, by their operating licence, to have approved complaints handling procedures and to comply with them. In October 2013 ORR took over approval and monitoring of complaints handling procedures from the Department for Transport.
In a letter of 15 April 2014 we committed to review the guidance on complaints handling procedures, which dates from 2005. This consultation was on the proposed new guidance. It set out what we will look for when exercising our approval role and when monitoring for continuing compliance.
The final guidance has now been published (Wednesday 30 September 2015).
You can find more information about how to complain on ORR's complaints handling page.
For further information or to speak to us, please email CHP@orr.gsi.gov.uk.
- ORR's conclusions to the consultation on draft guidance on complaints handling procedures for licence holders, 2015 PDF, 378 Kb
- ORR guidance on complaints handling procedures for licence holders, 2015 – final version PDF, 337 Kb
- ORR guidance on complaints handling procedures for licence holders, 2015 – track changes PDF, 383 Kb
- Impact assessment PDF, 297 Kb
- Letter on complaints handling procedures guidance consultation PDF, 159 Kb
- Draft guidance on complaints handling procedures for licence holders PDF, 329 Kb
- Abellio Greater Anglia PDF, 51 Kb
- Arriva Trains Wales PDF, 90 Kb
- ATOC PDF, 225 Kb
- c2c PDF, 2,235 Kb
- CrossCountry PDF, 1,945 Kb
- Department for Transport PDF, 108 Kb
- First Great Western PDF, 61 Kb
- First Hull Trains PDF, 222 Kb
- Govia PDF, 6,307 Kb
- London TravelWatch PDF, 31 Kb
- London Overground Rail Operations Ltd PDF, 71 Kb
- Merseyrail PDF, 20 Kb
- MTR Crossrail PDF, 101 Kb
- Network Rail PDF, 2,018 Kb
- Papworth Trust PDF, 23 Kb
- ScotRail PDF, 439 Kb
- Transport Focus PDF, 75 Kb
- Transport for London PDF, 91 Kb
- TravelWatch Northwest PDF, 41 Kb
- Virgin Trains PDF, 1,144 Kb
- Virgin Trains East Coast PDF, 844 Kb
- Welsh Government PDF, 91 Kb
- ORR's Regulatory statement of July 2014 PDF, 295 Kb
- Annual review of Complaints Handling Procedures – Letter from ORR to all licensed operators - 15 April 2014 PDF, 140 Kb
- Rail passenger complaints handling: from process to culture 13 March 2014 workshop PDF, 60 Kb