Developing minimum core data for monitoring operators’ CHPs and DPPP performance
Date published: 17 July 2014
Closing date: 29 August 2014
On 17 July we published two regulatory statements on the licensing conditions for complaint handling procedures (CHPs) and disabled people's protection policies (DPPPs). These explain our approach to monitoring these conditions and set out that we intend to draw on a minimum set of core data in doing so.
This consultation invited operators, passenger groups, disability representative groups, individual disabled people, and other interested parties, to comment on our proposals to establish a core data set.
- Developing minimum core data for monitoring operators' CHP and DPPP performance - consultation letter, 17 July 2014 PDF, 340 Kb
- Core data update and forward workplan PDF, 926 Kb
The purpose of this letter is to set out ORR's final view on what should be contained in a core data set for Complaints Handling Procedures (CHP) and Disabled People's Protection Policies (DPPP) compliance monitoring. It also sets out the process agreed with industry for implementing it.
1 September 2015
- Regulatory statement on DPPP PDF, 304 Kb
- Regulatory statement on CHP PDF, 295 Kb
Core data correspondence
- Serco Caledonian Sleeper core data letter 14 April 2016 PDF, 273 Kb
- ORR response to Serco Caledonian Sleeper 12 May 2016 PDF, 254 Kb
Engaging passengers through social media
On 30 September 2015, ORR hosted a workshop attended by representatives of the train operator companies (TOCs) and other key stakeholders to discuss passenger engagement through social media in the rail industry.